Friday, March 4, 2016

More Updates!

Hello again, I hope everyone is doing great. Not only did I work on my project this week, I also had the opportunity to shadow some classes at ASU. I shadowed some W.P. Carey and  Thunderbird School of Global Management classes.

First of this week I finished off my interviews. I have about 30 minutes of audio recordings from 4 different developers. I am currently working on processing the audio recording and taking out all the highlights from their responses. I am very pleased with the outcome of my interviews. I plan to use their responses to help give a developer's perspective on virtual reality. I feel like the interviews serve as a very tangible piece of information, and I am excited to see how it contrasts with my survey results.

Also this week I talked more about my upcoming survey with my boss. I am still currently working out if it is possible. But I should know whether or not it will be possible at the end of next week. Fingers crossed that I can make it happen, I feel like it would really benefit what I am trying to accomplish: insight on virtual reality.

Speaking of next week! By far the most difficult part of my survey would of been finding two young children to answer questions about VR. But thankfully, one of my co-workers is bringing in her two young children to try out VR. So despite next week being spring break, I will be going in on Tuesday when my co-worker brings in her children and asking them some questions about what they experienced. I will have to write up a new set of questions specifically tailored for them, considering their experience will be a bit different than what I plan to do for my tests. This is actually a huge relief.

I also spent some more time working on unreal engine 4. Nothing that directly pertains to my project; however, I feel like it is interesting enough, and it helps me better understand why developers may think a certain way.

Anyway I hope that everyone has a great spring week! I am looking forward to how my and my peers projects progress!

5 comments:

  1. Another great week, Griffin!

    How did you like the classes that you shadowed? Did they cover topics of personal interest?

    When interviewing the children, how are you planning to change your approach? Will you be modifying your current questions to put them in "kid friendly" terms or will you also be seeking altogether different information from this true novice group?

    Keep up the great work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Griffin! I am excited to hear how the interview with the children go! For unreal engine 4, how have you gained a greater insight on a developer's thought process? Do you think this will benefit the way you structure future surveys and interviews?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will the virtual reality that they experience be different from that which you have been exposed to in the past? Will it be specifically tailored towards a child audience/user?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Griffin! Sounds like you had an awesome week! How do you hope that the inputs of children will affect consumer responses to the game?

    ReplyDelete