Friday, April 8, 2016

Gear VR and the Viewmaster

Back again this week with some good news! My boss allowed me to take two vr headsets home to take and have a few people test out next week. The two headsets I was allowed to take are towards the bottom of the tier list. But the other two headsets are expensive and delicate. I happy that he gave anything at all to be truthful. Both the Oculus Rift and HTC Vive are the most expensive headsets available. They also would of been a huge burden to setup and move around. The HTC Vive it has two censors that you need to setup and it is a huge hassle. On the bright side I already had a good amount of people come into the office and try the HTC Vive and give me some feedback.

However, he did allow me to take the Viewmaster and the Samsung Gear VR. I tried out the Viewmaster a couple of nights ago. Thankfully the Viewmaster works with nearly every smartphone. It definitely is not as impressive as the Oculus or HTC Vive but it is a really cool piece of technology for only 30$. I tried out an app called VRSE which is just like a library of cool videos/experiences you can watch. I know that if you got a Samsung Phone recently that it is an option to get a gear vr with them. So if you happen to get your hands on one I recommend that app.

The gear requires that you have a Samsung phone. So I am hopeful I can get into contact with someone who will let me borrow their phone next week. 
above pictured is the Gear VR(top) and the Viewmaster(bottom)

Basically this week I have just been finding people to help me next week. I have sent out a few emails and talked to a couple friends I am hopeful to get 10 people for next Thursday.  All they will have to do is use each headset for 4 or 5 minutes. And then answer some questions for me.

Besides that this week my boss just had me do some more social media project. Mostly just really tedious things that would be boring if I talked about them.

Anyway sorry for the kind of short blog post this week. I really did not have much going on. Regardless, I hope everyone has a great weekend! Only two more weeks to go!

4 comments:

  1. That's so cool that you got to take it home! I can't wait to hear about how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's awesome that you were allowed to take the two headsets back with you! It'll be awesome for people to try it out this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is really cool that you are able to take those home and work with them. Would you say that the increased price is worth the increased quality that comes with the HTC Vive and the Oculus Rift?

    ReplyDelete
  4. So far out of all the blogs,I personally feel this blog is just awesome Excellent goods from you about Game Testing Services, man. I’ve understand your stuff previous to and you’re just too excellent on Game Testing Companies. I actually like what you’ve acquired here, certainly like what you are stating and the way in which you say it. You make it enjoyable and you still take care of to keep it sensible content about Game Testing Services USA. I can not wait to read far more Video Game Testing Companies from you. This is actually a tremendous site..

    ReplyDelete